Monday, September 8, 2014

Journal #7

Given what I know and learned about mythology, and how it reflects the culture/values of its time, I nominate Wall Street.This will be remembered as an emblem of this culture in two thousand years for two reason; money and greediness. People think money is the key to many things but it isn't. Money doesn't buy happiness.Just because you are rich does not mean you are any better than any one else in the world.If you have money you shouldn't put anyone down either.The greediness relates to people who only care about themselves.A little while ago, my mom took my grandpa to Social Services in San Luis. There was an elderly lady my mom said she lived in her car. She went into the building and asked a lady for tape because her shoe was ripped at the top and wouldn't close. The lady behind the window said 3 times "What do you want me to do? I'm over here and you're over there." This old lady's feet were to swollen for her shoes. Eventually, she got her tape and my grandpa and another man helped her.Human kindness can make someone's day.

5 comments:

  1. I completely agree that the emblem of our culture is money and greediness. You addressed this problem perfectly. By the way your grandpa sounds pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree money and greediness are definitely emblems of our culture. 'Money can't buy happiness', but human sympathy can. Well said :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree everyone thinks that money is everything and people become so greedy. And once u have all that money and will be able to pay someone to do everything for you you never learn how to do anything and you become ignorant and obnoxious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that money and greediness is the emblem of our culture. Some people believe that they need money in order to be happy. Although money can buy you many things it can't buy you happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your thoughts are spot on and from what I can tell so far, from sitting next to you this year, you are definitely someone who can make a difference.

    ReplyDelete