Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Purpose of myth review

1) Who am I? What is the nature of the universe in which I live? What must I do in order to survive? How can I reconcile myself to the inevitability of death?
2)Children of Gods w/ u natural birth, possess extraordinary strength, kills monsters w/ special weapons , and descend into the underworld as a part of their tasks.
3) Universe beginnings usually start w/ a chaotic, formless mass that a god or pair of gods separate.
4) Hero myths and epics teach members of society appropriate attitude and values of their culture.
5) Ordinary people identify with heros, because heros have imperfections, just like us.
6) The foundation of the Matriarchal society was agriculture year.
7) Sigmund Freud's view of myths as the expression of the individuals unconscious wishes, fears, and drives.
8) Myths demonstrate that people possess the intellectual capacity to understand the world in which they live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment