Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Latin Roots #1

ROOTS AND DERIVATIVES
  1. act, ag, ig: to do, to move, to drive
  2. ali, alter: another, other
  3. am: at/ to love
  4. anim: life, spirit, soul
WORD LIST
  1. agenda-a list or plan of things to be done later
  2. agile-resourceful 
  3. alienate- to make someone unfriendly 
  4. altercation-an angry argument or fight
  5. amiable-generally pleasant
  6. amorous-suggestive of love
  7. animated-filled with life and spirit
  8. equanimity-even-temperedness
  9. inalienable-that which cannot be taken away or transferred
  10. inanimate-non-living
  11. magnanimous-free from pettiness
  12. reactionary-a person with such ideas  
  Sentences:
1. I need to check what's on my agenda before i make plans.
2. I am agile when it comes to options on doing something.
3. Someone must have alienated her and that's why she's not nice.
4. Kids some times get in altercations with their parents.
5. Most of the time i am amiable.
6. I wonder if anyone is amorous towards me.
7. My cousin is very animated due to having ADHD.
8.  My dad is equanimity.
9.  Freedom is not inalienable in America.
10. Sometimes i wish i was inanimate,so i wouldn't have to do anything.
11. I don't have a sentence for magnanimous.
12. Are politicians reactionary people?



                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment